April 13, 2014

Current details of our home - Spring edition

IMG_9977

I decided to bring a little Spring into our home and started adding flowers and colors to all our rooms. As we are still renovating our kitchen (post is soon to come), I decided to also change a view things in our bedroom and living room. I added the little blue vases from IKEA to my dressing table and currently switch up the flowers according to my mood.

IMG_9981

And to continue the blue colors, I got a blue/lilac hydrangea this year. Apart from the little vases, these two candle holders (also IKEA) moved in as well. I reworked them into brush holders and got rid of my old glasses where my brushes just disappeared and I had to pull them out by grabbing the hairs. No more destroyed make-up brushes from now on! As I wanted to keep the glass from getting scratches, I asked Mr.B to add some felt coasters that he cut to the size of the holders. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Um die blauen Farben weiter zu führen, habe ich dieses Jahr eine blaue Hortensie gekauft. Abgesehen von den kleinen Vasen sind auch noch diese zwei Kerzenhalter eingezogen. Ich habe sie als Pinselhalter umfunktioniert, da meine alten Gläser zu tief waren und ich meine Make up Pinsel immer am Haar herausholen musste. Jetzt gibt es endlich keine kaputten Pinsel mehr! Um meinen Schminktisch nicht zu zerkratzen, haben wir die Unterseite mit Filz beklebt und sie so kratzfest gemacht.

IMG_9970

IMG_9964

I am so excited about this orchid. When we adopted it, there were no blossoms and it looked a little pathetic. Now it is a beautiful and big plant with such wonderful blossoms!!
_________________________________________________________________________________

IMG_9956

This little buttercup moved in a couple of weeks ago, but sadly it just recently died on me. I guess it is just not the best lighting etc here. It is a cute flower though, love te look!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Diese kleine Ranunkel ist vor ein paar Wochen bei uns eingezogen. So eine schöne Blume, leider scheint es ihr bei uns zu heiß und sonnig zu sein. Ich musste sie leider weggeben.

IMG_9480

Breakfast with Mr.B and our wonderful Finnish glass and ceramic ware. The mugs are Moomin Arabia and the egg holders are dupes of the iittala Marimekko glass bowls. The juice glasses are vintage iittala and aren't made anymore. We (aka I) were on the hunt for them for ages! I am just so in love with the nordic designs!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Frühstück mit Mr.B im Finnland stil. Wir haben unsere Moomintassen, sowie die Eierbecher und Saftgläser rausgeholt und es uns gemütlich gemacht. Die Gläser sind übrigens nicht mehr erhältlich und es hat ewig gedauert, ein paar zu finden.

IMG_9930

Homemade hot chocolate with a cinnamon stick to stir!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Selbstgemachte heiße Schokolade mit einer Zimtstange zum Umrühren! Sehr lecker und ohne Milch!

IMG_9950

Homemade rhubarb and vanilla sauce is such a big part of my Spring, I am currently making another batch!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Handgemachter Rhabarber mit Vanille Sauce. Derzeit ständig in unserer Küche am köcheln. 

IMG_9951

Do you have any favourite things that you change up every season?
_________________________________________________________________________________

Habt ihr auch Dinge, die ihr gern jede Saison abändert?

1 comments:

mark a. said...

very cool post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...